Make a note, if your Monday’s are free, you might want to attend this circus sideshow. It would be nice if the public meetings were televised. How about streaming the meetings on the county’s $40,000 website? A $500 laptop with built in webcam would be sufficient to begin.
Cumberland County freeholders will begin holding a series of public meetings to discuss the county’s 2010 budget this month.
The meetings to be held in the board room of the county administration building on Route 49 will take place every Monday beginning February 15 through March 22 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The purpose is for the county finance committee to review and make an assessment of each department’s budgetary needs as it finalizes the county budget.
The budget hearing schedule is as follow:
* February 15 – Planning and Development, Veterans Affairs, Board of Elections and Superintendent of Schools
* February 22 – County Clerk and Adjuster, Engineering, Public Works and Board of Taxation
* March 1 – Corrections and Juvenile Detention Center, Data Processing, Surrogate’s Office and Maintenance
* March 8 – Prosecutor’s Office, Sheriff’s Office, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services Office and Human Services
* March 15 – Office of Emergency Management, Cumberland Manor and County Library